Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Delightful December


So December had finally arrived, when I first got here in August I never thought December and the cold weather would ever arrive. Things are starting to become more and more routine here in Kuwait. Grocery shopping has become less of a chore and the little things that used to frustrate me ( still sort of do), I have let go of. I am really enjoying job even if at times it is stressful. If you know me very well then you know that I am a pretty easy going person.

Last week the good news came in the form of my passport. After a week after my medical stuff was done I received my government medical card which means I can go to the public hospitals and get treated for 1KD ($3.50 USD) instead of like 300KD, so that's awesome. A few days later I received my passport back with my one year resident visa in it, which means I am now just waiting for my Civil I.D to come but I am free and clear to travel and leave the country now. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!


Back at the end of November we were invited to the Kipco Family day 2013 since our school is owned by Kipco. This even is held at an amusement park in Kuwait City and runs from about 10am- 12 midnight. We went earlier in the day which was great because it got super crowded later in the day. It was a typical amusement park/ Carnival type place with rides and games. The rides were free but the games were not. They also gave us vouchers for free food which was cool. Another thing they do is have 2 different raffles each raffle had about 40 prizes. Everything from gift certificates to restaurants, a free year of internet to ipads and even a vacation for 4 anywhere you wanted to go. Of course I won nothing but it was a nice day out and I had a great time with my friends. Here are some of the pictures from the day.






Another big event that took place in November was Thanksgiving. Now I will admit that this was the first major holiday away from my family back home. It was a little rough but we had an american Thanksgiving meal at school which was nice. After we decorated ornaments for our school Christmas tree.That night I got to facetime with my family back home since they were all in the same place. It was 4am my time but I didn't care. We had some..... technical issues with the internet but I got to see them for brief moments and got to talk to them all which really was the best part. Even if it only was for a little while it was nice to hear there voices. Now on friday we had a Thanksgiving potluck in our apartment building. My friend Brandi and I made mac&cheese together. We had all the staples, two turkeys one was smoked and it was amazing, mashed potatoes, and lots of other amazing food. It really was a great night and made it almost like home and here are some photos from that....







Last week I got the great opportunity to go on a field trip with the Pre-k and Kindergarten students to Kidzania. This place is a kids dream. The students are given money and give the chance to explore and try out different careers and make money or do different games and activities and spend money. I was assigned 3 Kinder students and we visited 8 different professions and we had such an amazing time it was great.



This week is our first annual winter concert and the first performance of the year, so I am a little stressed because I want to make sure it is perfect and goes off without a hitch. The kids have been really hard and I know that they will do amazing and the parents will love it. After this week it's just next week then winter vacation which is 15 days. Where am I headed you ask?...... well if you want to know then you will just have to send me a message on facebook!!

Overall I am really settling in and loving it and just living the adventure and enjoying every minute of it. Stay tuned for the next installment of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment