Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spring Break Part Deux!!

Ok so some time has passed so I thought that I would post part two of my spring break adventure's . Now let me see where was I?......... Ah yes here we go. After our lovely stop in Naples we took the short boat ride over to Palermo also known as Sicily. Now in Sicily we decided to do our own thing and not book a tour. We had no idea where we were going but by chance we encountered one of those hop on and hop off buses, where it does a loop of the city stopping at famous land marks and you jump off take a few pictures then hop on the bus again. It's really cool since we buses come every 7 minutes. So we did that around Sicily seeing all these beautiful places. Here are some pictures from the different stops.










At the end of the tour before hopping back on the bus we had the most amazing watermelon gelato ever!!! It was divine. We then went and had lunch... I know we did it backwards dessert before lunch. Then found an awesome little bakery where we got the most fragrant, and delicious canoli's. We then headed back to the boat for our Jaunt over to Tunis, Tunisia.



Now I knew going to Tunis is was going to be similar to the middle east, but let me just say I was not impressed. We took the shuttle bus over to the Souk or Market as we call them in the U.S. We had a tour guide with us, and take us around this big huge souk. I have seem many souk's in Kuwait so I was not impressed. At one point we had some free time so me and my friends looked for a bathroom, which seemed like an impossible task. Well we ran into a gentleman who said he would show us the way. He was ducking, weaving, and going in and out of all these alleys. So we go into this store and climb to the roof where we use the bathrooms and take pictures of the market. The man then proceeds to tell us we owe him 10 euros for taking us and letting us use the toilet. I was so angry but what can you do? So we payed and he showed us the way back, which we almost got lost twice.  Here are a couple pictures from Tunisia.





Our last day on the cruise was the day at sea. We had intended to sleep in and enjoy a nice leisurely morning.... Um hold the phone I don't think so. We had a mandatory disembarkation meeting at 9am which means we had to have breakfast earlier which means no extra sleepy time for Eric. So after the boring and somewhat informative meeting we decided to just lay on the deck and relax and enjoy the sun. We took a break for lunch and then we spent the afternoon playing Rummy and lounging. We did go to the talent show which was awesome and the people performing were great.

That night we had our formal captain's dinner where everyone was dressed up and formal. It was nice to get dressed up one night. I have to say that overall I was not impressed with the food selection on the ship. Now look who this is coming from Mr.Selective when it comes to food, but I just would of liked more options. Friday morning we arrived back in port in Barcelona and getting off the ship was super easy and pain free. We hopped in a cab and sped off for our hotel. We had decided to spend a day in Barcelona before heading back to Kuwait. We arrived and checked into our hotel had a quick change and then headed off for the day in Barcelona.

Again we decided to do the hop on hop off bus as we enjoyed it in Italy. We first stopped at a chocolate museum which was neat. We stayed on the bus in Barcelona all day and only got off once or twice since it was a long route. One stop we did make was the Sagrada Familia. It was stunning and they have been working on this church for over 100 years and it's still not done so cool. We capped our day with a beautiful dinner in Barcelona close to our hotel.







Our flight home on Saturday was at 6:30am. Which meant we had to be up at 3am to be at the airport but 3:45ish. Well we stood in a line at the airport for like 45 minutes while the check in clerks milled around and got things "ready." After checking in we grabbed a little breakfast and we were off. The trip home was much less eventful, as we made all of our connections no problem. We arrived in Kuwait at... wait for it...... 9:30pm Yes you heard me right we traveled for over 12 hours to get home, and yes I had school the next day. So 4 exhausted Americans dragged ourselves through baggage claim and customs and back to our apartments in Kuwait.

Overall it was an amazing trip. I especially enjoyed being able to see all the different places. It makes me want to go back to Europe so bad and I am already planning trips in my head. So I hope you enjoyed part deux of the spring break adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment