Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Summer Vacation

Well... I have not posted or updated the blog for quite awhile, I decided to step back from the blog and just enjoy my summer vacation with family and friends. So with that said now that I am back in the desert and settled here is the recap on my summer vacation. I left the giant sandbox on Friday June 13th, and took a short 6 hour flight to London. My friend Kecia and I took a mini vacation and spent 4 days in London seeing the sights. We did all the major tourist attractions, Westminister Abby, London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Wax Museum, and a couple others. It was an amazing trip and I had so much fun, I loved London and can't wait to visit it again. Here are a couple of photos from the trip.













After a nice and relaxing but busy filled vacation in London, I was off to NH to see my family and friends. It was so nice to see my family and friends. My family waited to celebrate father's day a week late so I could be there which was great.  Summer vacation was filled with lunch's, and dinners and just hanging out and relaxing with family and friends. I got to go to canobie lake park which is an amusement park which was a lot of fun.

I continued to play in summer band that I always play in every summer, and it was so fun to play my tuba again, and see people from the band. I also spent a good amount of time seeing my doctor, and my dentist getting those things situated. Before I knew it 7 weeks had flown by and it was time for me to come home to Kuwait. I could not believe how fast the summer had gone or where the summer had gone.

So on Friday August 8th, I boarded a plane for London once again, and after arriving meet two good friends Kacie, and Kecia and we had planned a 12 hour layover so we could go explore and see Hampton Court Palace where King Henry VIII lived. It took us a bit to find it, but once we got there it was nice. There was gardens, and a maze and was just neat to see where he lived. We then schlepped all the way back to Heathrow to get something to eat, and then to wait for our flight back to Kuwait.

Naturally our flight to Kuwait was delayed by 45 minutes big shocker there, and because of the war zone in Iraq we had to fly another 45 minutes out of the way. We were supposed to land at 6:35am and Instead landed at 8:05am. Well after getting through the visa line we then proceeded to wait about 45 minutes for our luggage, which thankfully all arrived in Kuwait. By the time was all said and done we arrived home at about 10am and had a meeting for work at 12 noon so by that point why even sleep. I settled in and then started prepping for the new staff to arrive.

We have 13 new teachers arriving today and right now they are arriving at 5:30pm and 9:30pm Our first batch of TA's arrived at 6:15am which means you guessed it I was up at 5am to greet them at the airport. So now I am updating the blog, unpacking and napping before we head back to the airport for the evening.

I am going to finish unpacking and take a nap. That's all for stayed tuned for an update real soon!! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment