Saturday, August 6, 2016

Update long overdue!

I first need to apologize to my very few but dedicated readers. This past year I dropped the ball on the blog and did not update it really at all. While at home this summer, I have several friends say that they loved reading my blog, and missed it. So I am decided to revamp the blog, change the title and update it. I changed the title to better reflect my outlook on life, and my time overseas. The blog will stay the same and I will attempt to update it once a month with things going on. With that being said, I am going to start this revamped blog with a summer vacation update.

This summer went by way too fast, I have no idea where 8 weeks went, and I turned around and it was time to go. I started my summer by sneaking out of school a day early (don't worry I got approval and it was a shortened day) to attend my brother Kevin's wedding. I spent 13+ hours traveling home and then 2 days later had the wedding rehearsal and then the following day the wedding. Needless to say I was exhausted, but by the time the wedding rolled around I got my stuff together. But...... the first thing I did the day after arriving home was go and visit my beautiful Niece RaeLynn.


She is the most beautiful precious thing I have ever seen, and I just love to squish her little cheeks.


Ok so back to the wedding................... The wedding was really beautiful and very casual and low key, nothing too fussy which I love. The groomsmen wore these really great suits, but no tie, and the bridesmaids had grey dresses in different styles which looked awesome. The ceremony was short and sweet, and thankfully the rain held off, because it was raining right before. After the ceremony, there were lawn games during the cocktail hour. They had lawn size jenga, ladder ball, and cornhole. After cocktail hour they had dinner which included a pasta bar, brick oven pizza, and a lemon chicken. Unfortunately I couldn't eat anything. I was told the chicken was gluten free, but it looked liked it had a breading on it and I didn't want to chance it, but it's no big deal because it was my brother's day and not mine and I could eat dessert so it was all good. Plus my dad had to get my grandfather to the highway and he snuck me back from McDonald's french fries. They did have a dessert bar which included homemade cookies, and brownies and some were made gluten free for me, which was delicious. The rest of the night was spent dancing and just having an awesome time!!





The remainder of the summer was spent visiting friends and family. I tried to go and see my niece at least once a week, I mean she is adorable and I can't help it!! My friend Katie from Montreal came down to visit for 4 days which was awesome and we had so much fun. Also one of my best friends in the entire world Carrie came down for 3 days to visit and hang out. We actually went and did the Muse Paintbar where we got to paint and have drinks and it was so much fun. You can see our painting below.



I also got the newest addition to my body art collection this summer. I have been thinking of getting a color tattoo for awhile and a Dr. Seuss tattoo. So last summer I decided that I wanted to "Oh the Places You'll Go" So I met with Dan the tattoo man and he hooked me up real good, it came out awesome. Also most know this but I got a tattoo while I in Athens Greece on Spring break, it was the word "Wanderlust" with a whale since it is one of the great wanders of the world. It was definitely not my intention to go this big, but once I saw the design and how awesome it was, I decided to keep the size and go big, and I LOVE it!!! You can see them both below.






The other big thing I spent my summer doing was working on my last 2 classes of my masters program. These were my last 2 classes, and now all I have left is my Masters Thesis which I will begin in September. I am excited to be done, and can't believe that I am already almost done. I have learned a lot and I am excited to apply these classes to my teaching.

Overall it was an awesome summer, and I had so much fun visiting and spending time with everyone. My summer always goes by fast but somehow this one went by even quicker than usual. Before I knew it, it was time to drive back to Logan Airport and board 2 planes, have 3 hour layover, have a 7 hour time change, and travel 16 hours back to the sandbox I call home. It is weird to call Kuwait home, but it really is home. I spend most of my time here, and I have built a life. I suppose this is all for now and please stay tuned for my newest update and the start of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment